As we continue to improve this rodeo we welcome your suggestions. You may want to note some of the changes we have made for this year in response to your suggestions.
1) We have our own rodeo rules! You may download a copy of them from our website! www.sheridanelks.org. All contestants are required to read the rules carefully, particularly those relating to the contests or events in which they enter. Failure to understand the rules will not be accepted as an excuse.
2) There will be a family dance and taco party on Saturday night. (See other side for details.)
3) Contestants will run in the order drawn. If we have to wait on a contestant, because they are up in the other arena we will do so.
4) FORD TRUCK We want to thank Fremont Motor Sheridan, Inc. for continuing to provide a one year lease on a 1 ton, 4 wheel drive, Crew Cab Ford truck. This truck is again loaded with options such as a six-speed auto-select transmission and a 6.7 Liter V-8 diesel motor. The contract will be in the name of the winner’s parent or guardian. Licenses, sales tax, and insurance will be the responsibility of the winner.
5) TRAILER Prime Rate Motor-Jackson Trailer Sales is again providing a trailer with a third drop down feed door, an extra bus window behind the horses, and 6,000 lb. torsion axles. Sheet metal on the sides, roof, and back door are galveneal non-rust.
6) There will be a Jackpot Team Roping at 6:00 pm and a Barrel and Ribbon Race Jackpot at 5:00 pm on Friday, August 24. Everyone, including contestants and families are welcome to participate. If you have a new partner this is a chance to meet and practice with them.
7) We want to thank our local area contestants for hauling last year, however, we are still running short on stalling at the fairgrounds. We are AGAIN asking our local area contestants to please haul each day if possible. We will be assigning stalls on a first come, first serve basis. If we run out of stalls we will be assigning open pens and we will try to assist you with stalling in the area. Please get your entries in early.
8) We make no distinction between boys & girls. All events are open to either. In our team events the team can be Boy-Girl, Boy-Boy or Girl-Girl.
9) If you don’t have a partner, we will try to match you up with one. On the entry blank where you would put your partner’s name write, need one. In order to match up team ropers we need to know if you head or heel https://yorlenyscleaningservice.com/. If you have a preference, but are willing to do either, we need to know. Intermediate team ropers, if you can heel we need to know. We are always short on heelers. For ribbon ropers needing partners, we need to know if you are the roper or runner and if you are willing to do either.
10) Our goal is to keep the entry fees as low as possible so that everyone can afford to participate. Our costs keep going up every year and we will need to increase our fees this year. We raised our fees $1.00 per day per event for the PeeWees and $2.00 per day for all others.